about 6 years ago
Some quick updates of important information you should consider before Smart Cities Hackathon, which will be starting in 2 days!
1) Make sure you have confirmed your team's participation via inbox to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SmartCitiesHack , this is extremely important for you to ensure a place for you and your teammates at the event. Please include the following information:
- Team's name
- Name of all teammembers
- Phone of all teammembers
- Challenge you are addressing
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE AT SMART CITIES HACKATHON 3.0?
2) At the event, you will be given lunch, coffee breaks, giveaways, prizes, etc... all this for free in return of your creativity and willingness to make your city a better place!
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING?
3) Bring your own equipment (computers, hardware, software, speakers, etc.). Please bring your own multi power plugs (or 'multicontactos' in Spanish)
PREREQUISITES FOR THE WORKSHOPS
4) These are important and simple prerequisites for the workshops (please make sure you have these before Wednesday 15th workshops):
IBM Bluemix account:
- Create a new IBM Bluemix Account (will have 30 days trial): https://console.ng.bluemix.net/registration
Deploy the Internet of Things Platform Starter boilerplate:
- Navigate to https://console.ng.bluemix.net/
- Log-in using your IBM ID (the one you created for your IBM Bluemix account)
- Navigate to the Catalog
- Pick "Internet of Things Platform Starter" boilerplate
- On the right pane, specify the project name (whatever you want to name it)
- Click on the CREATE button
- After a couple of minutes, you will see the message "Your application is staging" http://<yourappname>.mybluemix.net and a loading icon
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on the VIEW APP OVERVIEW button
- At the right, you will see the pane APP HEALTH pane and some changes going on there.
- Wait until you see the message "Your app is running" and a green indicator, then you are all set to start with the workshop!
IBM Watson IoT Platform account:
- Create an account in https://internetofthings.ibmcloud.com/#/
See you very soon!!
Smart Cities Hackathon 3.0